TC 2290 question

Andi Kerl

Freshman
Mar 1, 2011
Frankfurt Germany
Hi

This question goes out to all the 80ies and 90ies house engineers who are more likely to remember. The people at TC support don't know even that this dichotomy exists and are ALL too young to know (and have obviously no documentation about it).

Now that i bought one of those old TC 2290 digital delay units, this question from far back comes to mind:
why is it, that tapping some units gives me a rounded result in 20 msecs steps, whilst other units give me the exact result in msecs steps. Is there a software switch - like a shortcut- or a hardware switch -like a jumper- to change this setting?

Thanks for your attention and input,

Andi Kerl
Frankfurt Germany

Re: TC 2290 question

It's been a long time but I do have two thoughts on this...

Is the MIDI light on or off? I seem to recall that if the MIDI is on, the LEARN key rounds up or down to a tempo that plays nice with the MIDI. I think TC had problems with the MIDI hanging up on these units if the delay time wasn't quite right. Unit should spark up with the MIDI off, but I'm not positive.

I also remember that these 2290's had an EPROM update available at some point. Check and see if you have a newer EPROM because I think maybe with the "newer" EPROM, a user could go into the "SPECIAL" keys and edit the subdivision on the delay. That's what it sounds like your unit is doing; rounding the delay time to the nearest note.

I'll look around, I may have an old manual here somewhere.

Todd.