Outdoor Speaker Cabs for Pyromusical

Johnny Holguin

Freshman
Sep 23, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I'm doing more and more fireworks to music gigs and am considering building a suitable speaker system for outdoor use. Like most of us I really dig good music quality, but in this case superb sound is not a requirement. That still doesn't mean it should sound like garbage. Decent sound is good enough.

Since these are outdoor in remote locations the system should optionally be run by generator. I thought about sourcing plate amps and fitting them into the speaker cabinet.

In some cases, the speaker stacks may be spread as far as 100 feet apart.

Audience will be approximately 100 feet away from the speakers cabs.

Since playback quality is mid-level I thought about using EV drivers. I'm open to better suggestions as this system would need to cut through some distance.

Can you guys make some suggestions or brainstorm some ideas on a cabinet build or possibly reference something that has already been built that may meet these requirements?

Same exit, so yes - same horns. Ultimately, the BMS 4594 is a nicer driver, but if you're looking for the most output out of a 1.4" exit horn, the DE1090TN is about the best you can get without breaking the bank.

The only issue is whether it will go low enough. The bent mid horn and the spacing of its two exits means that 700Hz is about as high as you should go with the mids. The recommended minimum crossover is 800Hz for the 1090, but it can go down to 500Hz. I don't know if this would compromise the output of the DIY ?????

Reactions: Leon JEDDi Lawrence