Hubbell Edison for oversized cable?

Marlow Wilson

Junior
Jan 11, 2011
Montreal/Ottawa
I remember reading about a Hubbell series for larger cable and jackets on another forum and I've got some CBI twofers that aren't getting along with the standard Hubbells. Products from other manufacturers would be fine too. My preference would be 5-15 on the male end and t-slot 5-20 on the female end, but beggars can't be choosers...

Any ideas?

Re: Hubbell Edison for oversized cable?

The Pass and Seymour have a little thing that pops out of the clamp for larger cables. I am pretty sure I have put that brand onto 10 gauge SOOW.

Merinco has the same thing. I buy those for everything since they are cheaper and, IMHO, better than the Hubbell ones. They definitely work with SOOW 12/3 and I'm pretty sure they work with SOOW 10/3 too.

Leviton 5266-C is my standard for male 120V edison cordcaps.

I can't find the 20-amp female version at the moment, but I know it exists.

These fit 10/3 SO cord no problem.

Leviton Female 20a is a 5369C

Thanks guys, those look like just the thing. Now I just have to find a pile of them for cheap.
icon_lol.gif
I looked at my 10/3 extensions which have PS5266X and PS5369X (Pass & Seymour) but they are on the pricey end and I need about 30 of these.

I've been using all Hubbell because I get a good price on them and can always get more easily, but it it looks like I'll be diversifying.

Thanks guys, those look like just the thing. Now I just have to find a pile of them for cheap.
icon_lol.gif
I looked at my 10/3 extensions which have PS5266X and PS5369X (Pass & Seymour) but they are on the pricey end and I need about 30 of these.

I've been using all Hubbell because I get a good price on them and can always get more easily, but it it looks like I'll be diversifying.

If you lived in the USA I would give you a price on the levitons (I am a sales rep for a electrical distributor).

But I am afraid the shipping to Canada would make it not worth it.

icon_lol.gif

If you lived in the USA I would give you a price on the levitons (I am a sales rep for a electrical distributor).

I have a US shipping address. PM whatever you've got!

Thanks,

Marlow

icon_lol.gif

I have a US shipping address. PM whatever you've got!

Thanks,

Marlow

I will check it out when I get in my office tomorrow and send you a PM.