Help a nubie?

Jeffrey Boldig

Jan 3, 2024
NoVA
I have no idea where to post this. In fact, I'm not really sure what I'm asking.

I'm involved with a rocket club and we setup in an open field once a month. We have a 1000W generator for AC power. We currently have a +25 year old PA system with two speakers that use 1/4" to 1/4" plug wires to connect to the PA.

We would like a new PA system that can use the current speakers and cabling, but has the following features;
3pin mic connection (1/4" plug would also work if we buy new mics)
Bluetooth audio input
SD card audio input (preferred)
Aux stereo plug input
banana plug stereo input
Talk-Over button to switch from music to mic (very important since multiple people will be using the system. Simple is better) (Auto switch might work, but a switch would probably work better since we have 10-20 second time gaps between mic use and don't want the music to come back in between)

We would like to play music between launches.

I've found several amps that have some of the featured I listed be not all of them. Google is great, but not when you are looking for something specific and don't know what to search for.

So far, I've found the following that I think can work, but each have some drawbacks because they don't quite check all the boxes, and besides, I'm sure I can get better results than what's on Amazon. There might not be any that check all the boxes, but I figure if anyone know which ones might, this would be the place to ask.

I'm really hoping you folks can point me to a PA amp that meet the need of my club.

I'm sorry about not knowing the connector designations and other names for audio equipment. I really don't know any of the details, just what I would like the amp to do.

Thanks...

Jeff "Handeman" Boldig
Come and visit on The Rocketry Forum.

Pyle is Junk. You are asking for a bunch of specific things that to be done right would typically require several different components. Here is another option for you to look at that probably meets what you are looking for and is a step up from Pyle.

Behringer PMP500MP3​