Any of this seem familiar...?

Re: Any of this seem familiar...?

That is good. Ya know, I have always had the most problems (make that ALL of the problems) with some of the people I was trying to "help out". It almost seems like the more you give the less they appreciate anything you are doing. Human nature? Not exactly this video but along the same lines.

At least there was only one who tried to "negotiate" after the fact.

The worst part about it is if the hair place or the video place threw those folks out, it wouldn't be those folks (can't call them either customers or clients) only; they will start making stuff up and smearing it all 'round town.

Business ain't for nice guys, though there are those who can tell a customer to go to hell, and the customer goes away happy. Those folks are worth their weight in gold. For the rest of us, cash up front before a thing comes off the trailer.

I just love (NOT!) the people who agree to a price-and then (after the fact) think that they can pay less-even though the job was done to their satisfaction.

They never intended on paying the agreed upon price. And yet they can sleep at night by ripping people off.

There was a guy around here, known as Eddie Toolouda, used to ALWAYS try to renegotiate after the gig.
He would stand with the wad of cash, and start listing all the band members, etc. and it was a blah blah blah.......

So one night, my buddy that had been doing his sound had another gig, and begged off.
He recommended another guy, who was putting a system together and wanted some gigs.
This new guy didn't have his ducks in a row. At all. Spent the whole night trying to figure out what was not patched right in his FX rack.
So at the end of the night Eddie tosses him an extra $20 for working so hard.

Go figure.

There was a guy around here, known as Eddie Toolouda, used to ALWAYS try to renegotiate after the gig.
He would stand with the wad of cash, and start listing all the band members, etc. and it was a blah blah blah.......

So one night, my buddy that had been doing his sound had another gig, and begged off.
He recommended another guy, who was putting a system together and wanted some gigs.
This new guy didn't have his ducks in a row. At all. Spent the whole night trying to figure out what was not patched right in his FX rack.
So at the end of the night Eddie tosses him an extra $20 for working so hard.

Go figure.
It is the "perception" that you should be "mixing" all the time-as in mixing batter for a cake.

If you are not physically "mixing" then you are not doing your job. Yeah right.