LS9 Battery replacement

Gary J Green

Freshman
Apr 23, 2012
I have an ls9 console out on long term rental and just got word about some issues. Sounds like internal battery . I found this: Sony CR2032 button cell
To be the battery from an old post, but I am trying to assess having someone else replace so I am trying to find out how big a process it is.
I have 20 minutes into looking through Yamaha website , manuals , posts, etc and at a dead end...It shouldn't be that hard to find, but it is...Thanks for any help.

Re: LS9 Battery replacement

Double-check the setup menu screen where it reports battery status.

When you open it you'll see the battery.

Make sure you save a copy of your show file, because it'll all get wiped when you pull the old battery. Also you'll have to do a fader calibration when it boots back up with the new battery, and a touch screen calibration is something you'll also want to do.

Reactions: Gunter Tack
I replaced my LS9 battery last year and once you open it up, the battery is pretty obvious.

I found that you need to have good support for the surface when upside down or you risk damaging the rotary encoders up by the display. I cut a couple of plywood supports and mounted them to a base and put rubber on the part the desk rested on so it would not shift while I worked on it.

Sent from my iPad HD