Live video feed zoom, crop and rotate?

I have a 720P camera feed going to a matrix switcher at a club. We put the stage view on all the lounge, patio and upper level screens.
They want to install a large monitor in the glass of an unused front door -in portrait orientation. Not a problem for the slideshow loop we run, but they want the ability to switch the live camera to it occasionally. Is there a device that can do this live -I can afford to lose a few frames as the viewers will be outside on the sidewalk and noise from the PA takes a good 120' to get there. Since it's just burlesque even major frame lag can be tolerated.
The screen will be fed 720P from the switcher via Cat-5 and baluns (It's a Knox RGB unit)

Thanks for any recommendations

Re: Live video feed zoom, crop and rotate?

I know that there is lots of software that will do this easily if you pass the video through a computer (Isadora, QLab, any media server application, any VJ application, etc) and I am sure that there is hardware that will too but someone else will have to chime in on that front.

Re: Live video feed zoom, crop and rotate?

When you say "but they want the ability to switch the live camera to it occasionally." is this to be done manually or automatically?
I'm thinking that a video mixer (Edirol, Panasonic or Datavideo etc ) has the capability.

Last edited: